Intego Insurance Services, Inc.
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This policy outlines how Intego Insurance Services, Inc. uses and protects any information that you provide Intego Insurance Services, Inc. when you conduct business with us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected to the same extent we would want our own personal information protected.
Title V of the Gramm-Leach- Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Intego Insurance Services, Inc. The GLBA further requires that we inform you that you have a right to prevent us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
Your information is viewed as personal and confidential. No personally identifiable information will be rented or sold to third-parties by Intego Insurance Services, Inc., although, it may be provided to the sponsoring business.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
- Information we receive from a medical information bureau.
We may disclose any of the nonpublic personal information you share with us to affiliates, however, we will do so only to affiliates or to third parties who help us perform our business function of underwriting and quoting your insurance, settling claims, and all other aspects of servicing you and your policy(ies).
This would include the following types of nonaffiliated entities:
- Financial service providers, such as property and casualty insurers, employee benefits insurers, life insurers, mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers, investment companies, and insurance agents;
- Other insurance agencies or companies that perform services for us in connection with carrying out an insurance transaction involving you or your policy;
- Fulfillment service providers, such as envelope stuffing services billing and enrollment services;
- Government agencies to whom you are required to show proof of insurance coverage;
- Financial institutions to whom you are required to show proof of insurance coverage to secure a loan or lease;
- Financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements, such as insurance providers;
- Non-financial companies that perform services for you or us in connection with carrying out an insurance transaction involving you or your policy.
Disclosures to the entities described above are permitted by law, and we only disclose your nonpublic personal information as permitted by law. Also, we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former customers except as permitted by law.
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you to the above mentioned parties as permitted by law:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, driving record, history, years of employment, assets, income, and beneficiaries;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your, policy number, policy coverage, premiums, and payment history; and
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as your insurance score, creditworthiness and credit history.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect information about you; including limiting access to required employees. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
We may, from time to time, send you mail or e-mail regarding products and services. If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can easily indicate that by simply electing to opt out of receiving future e-mail by following the opt-out instructions provided in the e-mail.
This policy is current as of December 20, 2016. For a current copy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org