Here are 10 steps to take after you get into a car accident.
1. If there are injuries, call 9-1-1 immediately. Otherwise, contact the police department to file an accident report.
2. Stay calm
3. Get contact and insurance information from the involved parties
4. Collect witness names and numbers
5. Call for a tow – either through your Roadside Assistance provider or a local towing company
6. If you can safely do so, photograph any damage
7. Don’t offer an opinion regarding who was at fault for the accident
8. Discuss accident details only with the police or your insurance agent
9. Don’t leave the scene until instructed by police
10. Call your insurance agent to file a claim.
Stay safe on the road everyone!