Minnesota was hit with torrential rains last night. For some of us, the thunder, lightening and the 5" - 7" of rain kept us awake. For others, water coming in our basements is what kept us up. If you're bailing water out of your basement here's a few quick steps to help you navigate a difficult day.
Step 1: Do what you can to contain water and prevent further damage.
- Take photos and/or video of damage
- Inventory items that are water damaged
- Track the time you spend cleaning
Step 2: Determine source of water. Is it:
- Coming up through the drain?
- Is the sewer backing up?
- Sump pump failure?
Step 3: Contact your agent
Step 4: Determine if your policy includes the water and sewer backup endorsement
Step 5: If you have the endorsement, a claim is submitted
Step 6: Contact Cleaning Company, if needed
- Hauser Chem Dry 507.280.9050
- Steam Brothers 507.373.9850
- ServiceMaster 641.323.1057
- SERVPRO 507.334.2565 or 641.424.3382